In 2018, a myriad of tragedies shocked us:
- Zhang Yi, President of Chengnan Hospital in Langfang, Hebei Province: his legs were cut off by a group of malicious gangsters. Nowhere to redress an injustice, he committed suicide.
- In Wuhan Zhongnan Hospital, a cancer patient leaped to his own death after wounding a doctor.
- He Jiankui, ignored the ethical restrictions and used genetic-editing techniques to “reform” two “healthy” girls.
A bunch of occurrences tortured people’s consciences:
- Tan Qindong, a former anesthesiologist, wrote an article criticizing Hongmao medicinal liquor and was arrested across the province… In the 2018 “Medical World Annual Focal Person” selection, Tan Qindong ranked first. This is undoubtedly the irony of “fake drugs invincible in the world, how do sciences go into jail?”.
- The fermenting Tianjin Quanjian Incident: made people realize that after Chinese medicine combined with “MLM”, Tiens, Zhongmai and Quanjian had all gone global. On the other hand, the public was unbearable with unscrupulous merchants who endlessly pursued wealth.
A series of impressive took place also:
- The capital winter had come. According to the publicly disclosed investigation, the total amount of financing for the Medicare industry in 2018 had exceeded 120 billion RMB, hitting the record.
- The “Super Medical Insurance Bureau”: after the “4+7 Large-Quantity-Purchase, the price of the bidding drug dropped by an average of 57%.
- In 2018, CFDA developed new drugs and approved nearly 50 new ingredients for multinational pharmaceutical companies to be listed (only three in 2016).
- Bi Jingquan, utterly reshaped the medical supervision system in China, resigned in the Changchun Changsheng Vaccine Scandal.
The challenge of health care took place in the U.S. as well. The National Health Care Anti-Fraud Association (NHCAA) estimated that the financial losses due to health care fraud are in the tens of billions of dollars each year.
Whether international students have international student health insurance (aka 留学生 保险) / opt insurance (aka opt保险) or American citizens purchase domestic American health insurance (aka 美国医疗保险), health care fraud inevitably translated into higher premiums and out-of-pocket expenses for consumers. For example, it reduced benefits of international students vaccine coverage (aka 留学生疫苗). For employers-private and government alike- U.S. medical insurance (aka 美国医保) fraud increased the cost of providing insurance benefits to employees and, in turn, drove up the overall cost of doing business. For many Americans, the increased expense resulting from fraud could mean the difference between making health insurance a reality or not. But no worries, the iso insurance (aka iso保险) provides you multiple medical insurance plans to prevent you from the negative impact of health care fraud.